Bidding & Estimating for Trucking Companies
Description: As a trucking subcontractor, you're stuck paying whatever the general contractors pays, right? WRONG! Whether you have several trucks or you're an owner/operator, you can bid jobs to make a profit and negotiate your rates with confidence. Join us for a webinar on estimating and bidding that is customized specifically for trucking/hauling firms working on construction projects. You'll learn how to refine your estimating process to create more accurate bids and establish rates that you can back up.
Date: March 9, 2022
Time: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
What You'll Learn:
- How trucking bids are structured
- Calculating your costs
- Estimating hourly, by the load, or by the job
- Direct labor and overhead costs
- Billing for travel to/from job sites
- Billing for "wait" times
- What primes want to see if your bids
- Errors to avoid
- Submitting your bid
- Bid follow up actions
Speaker: Bob Smith has more than 25 years of experience in the construction industry and has assisted hundreds of small businesses, including numerous trucking firms, with developing estimating processes and submitting accurate bids for construction projects. Bob is a consultant for the CDOT/SBDC Connect2DOT Program and Managing Partner of Eaton Cole Construction Services which specializes in construction management, preconstruction services, and developer assistance for all facets of the project delivery process.
Note: You do not need a computer to participate in this webinar. The full webinar will work on a smartphone, and there is an audio-only option for those who prefer to dial in on the phone.
- Please click the Register Online button below.
- After you complete your registration with the SBDC, click Continue
- Add your name and email address to GoToWebinar to receive an email with the link to join
- Click the link in the email to join on the designated date/time
- If you are unable to attend, please do not cancel your registration. We will send you a link to the recording after the live session.
Fee: No Cost