DBE Certification for Trucking Contractors (Bilingual)
Description: Are you a minority or woman owner of a trucking company? Did you know getting certified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) can significantly increase your opportunities for work on CDOT and other City and County construction projects? General contractors and other DBE trucking firms often have goals to subcontract a percentage of work to DBE certified truckers. This webinar will walk you through what is required and how to apply. We'll answer your questions (English and Spanish) and provide a free follow up application review before you submit.
Date: March 16, 2021
Time: 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM
What You'll Learn:
- Whether your trucking company is eligible for DBE certification
- Why you should get DBE certified
- How to complete the DBE application
- What documents are required from your business and the owners
- Where to find DBE contracting opportunities
- DBE rules for subcontracting
Speakers: Cathy Kramer is the Statewide Program Manager for Connect2DOT and owner of Caddis LLC, a DBE-certified business and marketing consulting firm specializing in small business program development and support services for companies in the transportation industry. She has been a consultant to CDOT for 15 years providing technical assistance to DBE/ESB firms and supporting the development and outreach of CDOT’s DBE/ESB Programs. She is an expert in small and disadvantaged certification rules and regulations.
Jesse Esparza is a bilingual business consultant for the Colorado Small Business Development Center Network. He has counseled and provided needed services and resources to over 400 new potential and existing entrepreneurs. He is also the President of the Latino Chamber of Commerce of Boulder County and an Advisory Board Member for the Boulder County WorkForce.
Note: You do not need a computer to participate in this webinar. The full webinar will work on a smartphone, and there is an audio-only option for those who prefer to dial in on the phone.
- Please click the Register Online button below.
- After you complete your registration with the SBDC, click Continue
- Add your name and email address to GoToWebinar to receive an email with the link to join
- Click the link in the email to join on the designated date/time
- If you are unable to attend, please do not cancel your registration. We will send you a link to the recording after the live session.
Fee: No Cost