(Replay) Health Insurance
Until Mar 30
Facilitated by Southern Colorado SBDC
The presentation covers the basics of the Connect for Health Colorado marketplace:
- Shop for health insurance.
- Who might benefit from shopping on the platform
- Difference between a small business offering plans to their employees
- Families shopping on the individual market
- Types of assistance available in the marketplace to make premiums and medical expenses more affordable
- The new Colorado Connect platform for undocumented immigrants to look at options
- The new Colorado Option standard plans on both platforms
- Working Adults with Disabilities Medicaid option.
Melissa Strait has been a benefits counselor with SRDA for over 3 years, helping community members access health coverage options. Before that she did similar work at St. Mary Corwin for 5 years. She has 20 years’ experience in the long-term care sector. Throughout the years, in her various roles, she has 23 years’ experience in Medicare and Medicaid benefits counseling and 9 years’ experience as a certified assister with Connect for Health Colorado.
Fee: No Cost