(Replay) The Gist on the Nist
This class is a Webinar
The National Institute of Standards and Technology is a non-regulatory government agency that develops technology, metrics, and standards to drive innovation and economic competitiveness at U.S.-based organizations in the science and technology industry. NIST Special Publication 800-171, governs Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) in Non-Federal Information Systems and Organizations. Compliance helps the federal government to perform its designated missions and business operations successfully.
As a government contractor you need to protect your network and that of any Prime Government Contractor. Corvus Technologies’ Principal Owner/Subcontracts Manager, Coryn Mann, with Eric Mann, Co-Owner/Principal Security Consultant, want to prepare your firm, whether as the Prime or the Subcontractor, for NIST SP 800-171 Compliance.
This Webinar will provide information on the following:
- What is NIST SP 800 - 171?
- Who is required to comply with NIST SP 800 - 171?
- What is Controlled Unclassified Information and examples
- If your company handles Controlled Unclassified Information, do you have the proper protections in place?
- Way Ahead
- Required Compliance Artifacts
- Compliance vs. Implementation
- Implementation Best Practices
- Compliance Enforcement
Fee: No Cost