Digging Deeper into Construction Trenching and Excavation Hazards
Sessions 1 and 2: November 2nd and 3rd, 5PM-7PM, Free
The FREE 4-hour course is divided into 2 two-hour sessions. You will need to attend both sessions to receive the Certificate of Completion and CEU credits.
Safety is a critical component of all construction projects and is especially important for workers who are in the field digging and removing earth. Owners and prime contractors require each individual to understand safety best practices.
Connect2DOT has partnered with Red Rocks Community College to provide contractors with a 4-hour virtual OSHA workshop on trench safety and safe habit awareness. This 2-part online webinar is for construction workers who are performing trenching and excavation on all types of construction projects, including CDOT. The goal is to create safety habits that guide your approach to the hazards of working below the surface.
The webinar will cover the following topics:
Part 1: Monday, November 2, 5PM-7PM
- Occupational hazards associated with construction site excavations and social style mentoring to support co-workers in achieving work goals safely.
- Regulatory requirements for employers engaged in excavation activities and hazard control.
Part 2: Tuesday, November 3, 5PM-7PM Watch for different webinar link for this session
- Competent person responsibilities.
- Soil Characteristics and protective systems in excavations.
- Comprehensive manual and instruction from an OSHA-certified trainer
- Certificate of Completion after attending both days
- .4 Continuing Education Units (CEU) for completing 4 hours of training
We encourage small business owners, supervisors, and on-site trenching and excavating staff to attend.
Agnes Talamantez Carroll, of ATC & Associates, is a well-known bilingual Spanish/English health and safety trainer and consultant over the past 15 years. As an OSHA Certified Outreach Trainer since 2005, Ms. Carroll has delivered many community safety workshops in Spanish and in English required for both OSHA 10-hour and OSHA 30-hour certification. She has also conducted training and safety consulting privately for both small companies and large corporations. She has been the safety trainer for all of the crafts engaged in the RTD Light Rail projects in the Denver Metro area from TREX to the Gold Line to DIA. Ms. Carroll serves as an online bilingual instructor and consultant offering technical support for UL Pure Safety and is approved by OSHA to deliver online 10 and 30 hour courses in English, Spanish, and a total of 8 different languages.
Please pre-register to receive updates, reminders and webinar information:
- Pre-register by clicking the button below
- Receive instructions to JOIN GoToMeeting
- You will automatically be registered for both sessions. You will receive a separate webinar link for each session.
- If you have problems registering or if you need to register multiple people, please call (720) 624-6728.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Fee: No Cost