LEADING EDGE™ Series: Start-Up Essentials (4 sessions)
We encourage start-ups to take this LEADING EDGE series of four webinars. Entrepreneurs with a completed flexible business plan are more likely to succeed past the start-up phase.
Four Consecutive Sessions (Tuesdays, 6PM-9PM)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Entrepreneurs with a solid business idea
- Businesses under two years in operation.
- Entrepreneurs who started a business but need to get new clients and make money
- Ideal webinar if you plan to start a business during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Session 1: Launching Essentials -- Tuesday, March 9, 6PM - 9PM
Understanding Your Business Model
The Business Model Canvas is a visual tool to help you define your business idea in a simple and concrete way. It will jump-start your road map to success. Objectives:
* Understand the Business Model Canvas
* Determine how to run a successful business
* Understand the next steps to launch your business
Session 2: Marketing Essentials -- Tuesday, March 16, 6PM - 9PM
Planning Your Marketing Tactics
You will understand the basics of marketing based on the Business Model Canvas and develop the foundational tactics for a workable marketing plan for your business. Objectives:
* Understand why a marketing plan is important to your company's success
* Help you focus and create a marketing road map
* Start to implement your marketing plan
Session 3: Cash Flow Essentials -- Tuesday, March 23, 6PM - 9PM
Understanding Your Numbers
Understanding your numbers is the #1 way to establish a successful, growing business. You will work with the Business Model Canvas to understanding how cash flows through your business. It is one thing to have a dream, it is another to have a financial plan that will support that dream. Your business success depends on making sure the cash is there to support the business. Objectives:
* Understand and Create a Cash Flow Projection
* Understand Pricing
* Identify Start-Up Costs
Session 4: Business Plan Essentials -- Tuesday, March 30, 6PM - 9PM
Putting the Pieces Together
Bring everything you've learned in the LEADING EDGE Series together into a flexible business plan to help you launch during the pandemic. Objectives:
* Convert your Business Model Canvas into a business plan
* Create Milestones to launch your business
* Incorporate pandemic requirements into your business plan.
- Take ALL four LEADING EDGE™ sessions to complete your business plan.
- Attend two one-on-one virtual consulting sessions during the course.
- Complete workshop assignments prior to consulting sessions.
Certificate Program: If you complete all four sessions, one-on-one consulting sessions and submit a business plan or business model canvas to the instructor for review.
Cost for all four sessions: $200 | Cost for each individual session: $60
Thank you to the Aurora-South Metro SBDC's host and supporting sponsors:
Speaker(s): Neil Pollard, Certified SBDC Consultant
Fee: $ 200.00
Pay via PayPal upon registration