LEADING EDGE™ Series: Start-Up Essentials (4 sessions)
We encourage start-ups to take this LEADING EDGE series of four webinars. Entrepreneurs with a completed flexible business plan are more likely to succeed past the start-up phase.
Four Consecutive Sessions -- Thursdays, 6PM-9PM
July 15, 22, 29 and August 12, 2021
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Entrepreneurs with a solid business idea
- Businesses under two years in operation.
- Entrepreneurs who started a business but need to get new clients and make money
- Ideal webinar if you plan to start a business during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The goal is to have a short flexible business plan and is for business owners who want to develop their business pitch, create milestones, obtain feedback on how to grow the business, and prepare for potential funding requests.
Session 1: Launching Essentials -- Thursday, July 15, 6PM - 9PM
Understanding Your Business Model
The Business Model Canvas is a visual tool to help you define your business idea in a simple and concrete way. It will jump-start your road map to success. Objectives:
* Understand the Business Model Canvas
* Determine how to run a successful business
* Understand the next steps to launch your business
Session 2: Marketing Essentials -- Thursday, July 22, 6PM - 9PM
Planning Your Marketing Tactics
You will understand the basics of marketing based on the Business Model Canvas and develop the foundational tactics for a workable marketing plan for your business. Objectives:
* Understand why a marketing plan is important to your company's success
* Help you focus and create a marketing road map
* Start to implement your marketing plan
Session 3: Cash Flow Essentials -- Thursday, July 29, 6PM - 9PM
Understanding Your Numbers
Understanding your numbers is the #1 way to establish a successful, growing business. You will work with the Business Model Canvas to understanding how cash flows through your business. It is one thing to have a dream, it is another to have a financial plan that will support that dream. Your business success depends on making sure the cash is there to support the business. Objectives:
* Understand and Create a Cash Flow Projection
* Understand Pricing
* Identify Start-Up Costs
Skip one week to work on business plan.
Session 4: Business Plan Essentials -- Thursday, August 12, 6PM - 9PM
Putting the Pieces Together
Bring everything you've learned in the LEADING EDGE Series together into a flexible business plan to help you launch during the pandemic. Objectives:
* Convert your Business Model Canvas into a business plan
* Create Milestones to launch your business
* Incorporate pandemic requirements into your business plan.
- Take ALL four LEADING EDGE™ sessions to complete your business plan.
- Attend two one-on-one virtual consulting sessions during the course.
- Complete workshop assignments prior to consulting sessions.
Certificate Program: If you complete all four sessions, one-on-one consulting sessions and submit a business plan or business model canvas to the instructor for review.
Cost for all four sessions: $200 | Cost for each individual session: $60
Thank you to the Aurora-South Metro SBDC's host and supporting sponsors:
Speaker(s): Neil Pollard, Certified SBDC Consultant
Fee: $ 200.00
Pay via PayPal upon registration