Hugo: Cottage Foods Safety Training
Bringing your food product to market - Summer 2019 Food safety training for Colorado Cottage Food Producers.This training covers specifics of the Colorado Cottage Food Act and how to safely operate a food business from a home kitchen.
In this session you'll learn:
- Basic food safety - including proper hygiene; preventing cross contamination and cross contact of food allergens; temperature control for safe food preparation, storage, transport and sales
- Food permissible in update Colorado's Cottage Food Act, including pickled fruits and vegetables.
- Ingredient labeling and disclaimer requirements
- Special consideration for food preparation at altitude
- Safe food sampling best practices.
Preregistration for this class is required! Course costs $50.00.
For more information, please contact Abby Weber, Benty County Extension | 719-456-0764 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Lunch and light snacks will be provided by the East CO SBDC - Lincoln County Satellite.
Thanks to our partners
If you have a disability for which you seek an accommodation, please notify CSU Extension at least 5 business days in advance of the event. Colorado State University Extension, U.S. Department of Agriculture and Colorado counties cooperating. Extension programs are available to all without discrimination.
This workshop + certification test does not include information on poultry production & slaughter.
Fee: No Cost