Protecting Your Business with Cybersecurity
No matter the size of your business, cybersecurity is immensely important! Not only do cyber-attacks impact you and your business, but they also put your customers and their data at risk too. Understanding the basics within cybersecurity will help you to begin implementing even small changes that will better protect your business and your customers.
Through this training, Josh Layton – ICC, will cover four primary topics within cybersecurity.
- Managed antivirus protection
- Firewall with active security subscription
- Secure remote access
- Outside vulnerability scanning
- Separate guest and staff wireless networks
- As-needed access to information for employees
- Physical security for critical devices
- SPAM filtering
- E-mail encryption
- Phishing and email compromise employee training
Workstation and Server Security
- Patch management – What it is and why it’s important
- Multi-factor authentication and why it’s needed
- Password complexity and password change policy
- Current operating systems and why it is necessary to update them
- Ransomware prevention strategies
Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Onsite full system backups
- Rotated offsite full system backups
- Backup drives encrypted
- Cloud backups
- Backup restore testing
- Incident response and disaster recovery plan
- Cybersecurity Insurance
Meet Our Presenter
Specialization: Business Development Hobbies: Going to the gym, golf, hiking, wake surfing, and spending time with family.
East CO and the Windsor-Severance Library have had a long-standing relationship dedicated to assisting local business owners. In 2019, East CO SBDC and the Windsor-Severance Library named these business trainings the STRICTLY BUSINESS SERIES. East CO and the Windsor-Severance Library work together to host bi-monthly business trainings on a variety of topics. Thank you, Windsor-Severance Library, for your loyal partnership and quality business relationship.
Fee: No Cost