LEADING EDGE™ for Transportation
The Connect2DOT LEADING EDGE for Transportation course is a ten-week class presented by Connect2DOT designed to help business owners in highway design and construction how to become more competitive and successful in the transportation industry. The course is designed to help you determine the best growth strategy for your business to successfully perform on projects with the CDOT and other USDOT-funded contracts. By the end of the course, you will have an actionable business development plan in place and a solid understanding of course topics - including strategic planning, construction and managerial accounting, prime contractor marketing, estimating and bidding and project management.
What to Expect:
- Peer learning with a group of business in the transportation industry
- One-on-one coaching from course facilitators and consultants
- Access to an online learning platform to help you build your business development plan
- Ten three-hour weekly workshops including small group exercises and guest speakers
- Introduction to industry mentors and opportunities to connect with community leaders, government agencies and other resources
- Feedback on your business development plan
Free registration to workshops (excluding Intro to QuickBooks) at the Denver Metro SBDC while enrolled, valued at over $50
To be eligible to receive a certificate of graduation and 50% tuition reimbursement on course fees, participants must attend at least nine out of ten sessions, actively participate in course discussions and complete assignments, submit a business development plan and complete eight to ten hours of consulting with Connect2DOT and/or Denver Metro SBDC consultants.
|$645||Standard Fee (50% reimbursement upon graduation)|
|$375||Additional Employees (50% reimbursement upon graduation)
|$275||Retake fee for Leading Edge/NxLevel Students|
- In business 2+ years
- May have employees or may be working alone but planning to hire soon
- Minimum of $100,000 and no more than $12 million in annual sales
- Able to provide a balance sheet, statement of cash flow, income statement, and quarterly profit and loss statements for at least the last 2 years
- Eager to learn and committed to growing your business
- Certified DBE/ESB/MWBE/SBE companies preferred
Feb. 17, 2015 | 5:30 - 7 p.m.
Feb. 17, 2015
Feb. 19 - Apr. 16, 2015
Thursday evenings | 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
|Graduation||May 20, 2015 | 5:30 - 7 p.m.|
Meet the Facilitator:
Fee: $ 645.00
Payment can be made online with credit card or at the door with cash or check.