Leading Edge for Transportation
Take your business to the next level! Join the elite group of graduates that have completed an interactive business planning course designed specifically for highway design and construction contractors.
Offered by the Denver Metro SBDC and the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT), this 9-week course was built on the award-winning LEADING EDGE business planning curriculum and tailored by industry experts to help contractors determine the best growth strategy for their business. If you want to successfully perform on CDOT, City and County of Denver, RTD, and other government contracts, this is a great step to build capacity and gain the contacts that you need to win.
In this program you will:
- Create a Business Development Plan tailored to meet your business needs, goals, and objectives for growth.
- Focus on increasing your business's capacity to successfully perform as a sub and prime contractor on government contracts.
- Work one-on-one with experienced business advisers to reach your goals.
- Gain an introduction to industry mentors and prime contractors and connect with community leaders, government agencies, and other resources.
- Attend all other Denver Metro SBDC workshops for free during the program.
- Receive preferential enrollment consideration in the CDOT Mentor- Protege Program.
- Graduate with recognition from CDOT, prime contractors, and more!
Thanks to a CDOT Scholarship, registration is 50% off. There is a 100% reimbursement upon graduation, so the class could be totally free!
* Graduation Requirement : You must submit a business/strategy plan by two weeks after the course and attend at least eight of the nine classes to graduate.*
March 20, 2019 | 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. | REGISTER
March 27 - May 22, 2019 |
Wednesday evenings | 4-7 p.m.
Register to Attend Leading Edge for Transportation Here
If you would like to learn more
and meet some of the instructors, please come to an Information Session on
March 20. Click on the link above to RSVP.
Contact Rob Rose at for questions.
Drops: Any drop must be done within the first week. You will receive almost a full reimbursement - $50 will say with the SBDC to cover hard costs.
- In business 2+ years (or equivalent industry experience)
- M inimum of $100k in sales (for single practitioners on the consulting/professional services side, there may be exceptions )
- May have employees or may be working alone but planning to hire
- Able to provide a balance sheet, statement of cash flow, income statement and quarterly profit and loss statements
- Eager to learn and committed to growing your business
- Certified DBE/ESB/MWBE/SBE companies preferred
MEET THE FACILITATORS:
Fee: $ 322.50
Contact Rob Rose at Rob.Rose@DenverChamber.org for questions.