DBE Certification Codes, Counting, CUF & Changes
Do you know how DBE certification and NAICS codes apply to different projects? Do you know how DBE participation counts for subcontractors, suppliers, regular dealers, and other DBE firms? What about which codes apply to various project tasks and how to add codes to a certification?
If you're not sure, you're not alone. Many DBEs and Prime Contractors don't fully understand DBE codes and which codes to request, how they are counted, how to make changes, and what is required to be in compliance. Not knowing could result in not learning about the right opportunities or even getting decertified.
Join CDOT and the City and County of Denver, the two DBE certifying agencies in Colorado, for a hybrid discussion about key elements of the DBE program related to codes, counting, and changes and how you can make sure your certification is working for you.
- DBE program overview
- What is the Colorado UCP
- Understanding the NAICS in the advertisements/website materials
- How NAICS are assigned to DBEs
- How to find and verify DBE certified firms
- How DBE participation is counted on projects
- What Commercially Useful Function (CUF) means and why it matters
- How to change (add or remove) work codes from your DBE certification
Current and future DBE certified firms, prime contractors, compliance specialists, DBE Liaison Officers, Small Business Diversity staff.
is the Assistant Director of the Division of Small Business Opportunity at City and County of Denver. She has oversight of the City's comprehensive certification program including DBE, M/WBE, SBE, and EBE. She is the primary representative for the Unified Certification Program (UCP) in Colorado and coordinates with various internal agencies and external contractors to ensure an understanding of certification and compliance.
is an attorney and the Lead Certification Specialist for the CDOT Civil Rights and Business Resource Center. He is responsible for managing CDOT's DBE Plan and implementing federal and state regulations for the DBE Program. Jun has certified hundreds of DBE firms across the state and has a comprehensive understanding of what drives DBE success.
- Click the Register Online button below to sign up for in-person or virtual attendance
- Complete your registration information in the Denver Metro SBDC system
- Check your email for a Zoom link prior to the webinar Register Now
Fee: No Cost