Certifications A to Z
This program is designed to help companies understand the different types of State, Federal and Corporate Social and Economic small business Certifications and how they are used along with the political aspects of them.
During this course we will examine:
- The fundamental differences between state, federal and corporate small business certifications.
- Certification strategies such as competitive set asides, sole source and direct award.
- Solicitations verses origination strategies utilizing certifications and which is the best for your governmental business development strategy?
- Event marketing with certifications and the strategies and the difference between procurement fairs, corporate round tables, town hall meetings and reverse trade fairs.
- How to work with Small Business Liaison Officers (SBLO) and Small Business Specialist (SBS), purchaser or buyer.
- Using Certifications Strategically to market to into other states and how to target Fortune level corporations both though subcontracting and supplier diversity.
- Other types of contracting vehicles such as GSA schedules, IDIQ's and BPAs.
Finally, attendees will learn the most important aspect of marketing to State or Federal agencies and how to avoid the certification merry go round.
Senior SBDC Consultant
Partner, Global Sales Advisors
Director, MBDA Minority Business Center
The Colorado Small Business Development Center Network is a partnership between the State of Colorado, Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade, the Small Business Administration (SBA), Colorado’s institutions of higher education, local economic development organizations and local chambers of commerce.
Speaker(s): Andra Hargrave, Director MBDA Minority Business Center, Partner Global Sales Advisors
Co-Sponsor(s): City of Boulder, Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade
Fee: No Cost