LEADING EDGE FOR TRANSPORTATION
Have you been looking for a way to get your foot in the door and become a money-making CDOT contractor? Do you want to successfully perform on all types of government transportation contracts? The Connect2DOT LEADING EDGE for Transportation course is a ten-week class designed tailored to business owners in the highway design and construction industry. The course builds on the award-winning LEADING EDGE curriculum and was customized by industry experts to help you determine the best growth strategy for your business to successfully perform on projects with CDOT and other USDOT-funded contracts.
By the end of the course, you will have an actionable business development plan in place and a solid understanding of course topics - including strategic planning, construction and managerial accounting, prime contractor marketing, estimating and bidding and project management. You will also receive recognition by the Colorado Transportation Commission, CDOT Project Managers, and Prime Contractors!
What to Expect:
- Peer learning with a group of business in the transportation industry
- One-on-one coaching from course facilitators and consultants
- Access to an online learning platform to help you build your business development plan
- Ten three-hour weekly workshops including small group exercises and guest speakers
- Introduction to industry mentors and opportunities to connect with community leaders, government agencies and other resources
- Feedback on your business development plan
- Free registration to workshops (excluding Intro to QuickBooks) at the Colorado Springs SBDC while enrolled, valued at over $50
Cost and Scholarships:
|$400||Standard Fee (50% reimbursement upon graduation)|
(50% reimbursement upon graduation)
|$200||Retake fee for Leading Edge/NxLevel Students|
To be eligible to receive a certificate of graduation and 50% tuition reimbursement on course fees, participants must attend at least nine out of ten sessions, actively participate in course discussions and complete assignments, submit a business development plan and complete eight to ten hours of consulting with Connect2DOT and/or SBDC consultants. Additional scholarships are available from our partner, Pikes Peak Regional Development Center for $200. The first 8 applications for this scholarship will be reviewed and approved. Contact email@example.com for more information or call 719.667.3821.
- In business 2+ years
- May have employees or may be working alone but planning to hire
- Minimum of $100,000 in annual sales
- Able to provide a balance sheet, statement of cash flow, income statement, and quarterly profit and loss statements for at least the last 2 years
- Eager to learn and committed to growing your business
- Certified DBE/ESB/MWBE/SBE companies preferred but all small businesses are eligible
|Registration Deadline||October 29, 2015 |
|Course Sessions||November 2, 2015 - January 25, 2016|
Monday evenings | 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Holiday breaks accommodated
|Graduation||February 1, 2016 | 5:30 - 7 p.m.|
Meet the Facilitator:
- Jennifer Kurtz, MBA, PMP
Fee: $ 400.00
Full payment with registration required. 24 notice for cancellations. 50% tuition reimbursement and scholarships applied upon completion of the course.