QuickBooks Desktop Pro: Mastering - Part 2
This event has been canceled
The classes present an initial and simple way to understand the basics of bookkeeping and accounting rules that will guide you through profitability in your business. The important concepts we want you to get are:
- Get started fast and easy to follow the money
- Keep your business financially fit and gain knowledge on the activity immediately
- Reduce the time you spend doing bookkeeping and find key information easily
Part 1 (Intro):
- Create a company file - Basics to start your QB file, selecting the correct options based on your business, and how to change the information if your need to do so
- How to navigate QuickBooks - Menus, tabs, windows, everything you need to know to feel safe moving around
- Set-up your "Chart of Accounts" - start and plan your chart of accounts, create accounts, sub-accounts, and get organized based on your activity
- Set-up customers, jobs, & vendors - Get to know your customer center, vendor center, managing leads, and more
- Setting up items - What are items and what do they do? Should I track inventory? Service/Product items, what's the difference?
- Data entry shortcuts for lists - Adding, editing, import a customer, etc.
- Set-up multiple QuickBooks lists - Classes, price levels, profiles for customers and vendors, how to manage lists.
Part 2 (Mastering):
- Paying for expenses - When and how to pay expenses? Enter and view your bills. Record a deposit to a vendor, pay your bills, record a vendor refund and credits, and create expense-related reports.
- Invoicing - Invoice forms, deposits, down payments, retainers, creating progress invoices, produce statements based on invoices and payments.
- Accounts receivable - Receivables aging, receive payments, apply credits, discounts for early payments, correct mistakes on payment applications, cash sales, and make a deposit.
- Bank accounts & credit cards - Enter transactions in an account register, transfer funds, reconcile accounts, managing loans.
- Tracking finances, reports and graphs - Running reports, customizing reports, printing, saving and memorizing financial reports, online banking.
Rosy McDonough, Executive Director, Colorado Minority Business Office
Additional Info:This class is followed by QuickBooks Desktop Part 2, typically one week after Part 1. The course is offered quarterly. A QuickBooks (Online Version) course is also offered quarterly. It is not required to take Part 1 before Part 2.
This workshop is part of our Financial Fundamentals Series. Other workshops in this series include:
QuickBooks Online Version (Part 1 and 2)
Tax Preparation for Small Businesses
Creating the Key Elements of a Financial Plan
Basics of Bookkeeping (Part 1 and 2)
Register:NOTE: Pre-payment for the class is REQUIRED! (If you are unable to attend, you will not receive a refund unless you cancel 24 hours in advance. Thank you for your cooperation!)
Fee: $ 75.00
Classroom: Computer Lab A