LEADING EDGE FOR TRANSPORTATION (9 Week Course)
LEADING EDGE FOR TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM
Get Ready for the 2018 Construction Season!
Take your construction or engineering business to the next level with a business plan and tools for success.
Have you been looking for a way to get your foot in the door and become a money-making CDOT contractor? Do you want to successfully perform on all types of government transportation contracts? The Connect2DOT LEADING EDGE for Transportation course is a nine-week course tailored to business owners in the highway design and construction industry. The course builds on the award-winning LEADING EDGE curriculum and was customized by industry experts to help you determine the best growth strategy for your business to successfully perform on projects with CDOT and other USDOT-funded contracts.
By the end of the course, you will have an actionable business development plan in place and a solid understanding of course topics - including strategic planning, construction and managerial accounting, prime contractor marketing, estimating and bidding, and project management. You will also receive recognition by the Colorado Transportation Commission, CDOT Project Managers, and Prime Contractors!
What to Expect:
- Peer learning with a group of businesses in the transportation industry
- One-on-one coaching from course facilitators and consultants
- Nine 3-hour weekly workshops including small group exercises, guest speakers, roundtables, and graduation ceremony
- Introduction to industry mentors and opportunities to connect with prime contractors, government agencies, and other resources
- Insight and feedback on your business development plan, financials, 3-year cash flow projection, industry market analysis, competition and marketing approach
- Free registration to workshops (excluding QuickBooks) at the Pikes Peak SBDC while enrolled, valued at over $400
- To graduate, you must complete a minimum of five hours of free one-on-one consulting and submit a completed business plan and evaluation form
||(Thanks to a CDOT Scholarship, registration is now 50% off if you register before Jan 8, 2018 and there is a 100% reimbursement upon graduation so it could be totally FREE!)|
Preferred Eligibility (Others May Qualify):
- Primary line of business in highway design, construction, or other transportation-related industries
- In business 2+ years
- May have employees or may be working alone but planning to hire
- Minimum of $100,000 in annual sales
- Able to provide a balance sheet, statement of cash flow, income statement, and quarterly profit and loss statements for at least the last 2 years
- Eager to learn and committed to growing your business
- Certified DBE/ESB/MWBE/SBE companies preferred but all small businesses are eligible
Fee: $ 200.00
Full payment with registration required. 24 hr notice for cancellations.