[ON DEMAND] 7 Reasons Why People Invest in Franchises Over Starting Their Own Business
Why would anyone invest in a franchise? You're smart - you could start your own business, right? The reality is, for most people coming out of a job where they work for someone else, starting a business from scratch is a lot harder than they could imagine. Our brains have been hardwired to do work for someone else - and then complain about it. That's where we are comfortable. But starting a business asks us to step outside of our comfort zone and many people find it difficult to do that without some coaching of some kind.
Enter franchising, a hybrid approach to entrepreneurship.
Now, we're not talking about what everyone thinks of when they consider a franchise - burgers or chicken sandwiches. It's not just fast food. Many of the businesses you walk into everyday are actually franchises, although you might not realize it. Franchises are structure. Franchises are predictable. Franchising is a plan of action to follow. So what does that mean for you, the average Joe? Franchising can work in different ways for different people:
- Fill a need in the community from something that people use everyday
- Have a semi-absentee business from a franchise and keep a regular corporate job
- Dive in and be the owner-operator, AND your own employee from day one
- Invest in multiples and build an empire quickly, or grow slowly from one location
- Invest in a mature or emerging brand to match your risk tolerance
- Find a business that fits you, your family and your lifestyle, without starting from scratch
Know your options! Understand why some of the most successful entrepreneurs own franchises, and why you can do this as well. Register for 7 Reasons Why People Invest in Franchises Over Starting Their Own Biz to get the full scoop from a franchise owner, consultant and expert in the field, Cindy Rayfield.
Senior Franchise Consultant, FranNet Mountain West (CO/WY/MT)
Read Cindy's Bio
Other Pikes Peak Small Business Development Center Workshops:View all upcoming workshops
View other management-related workshops/resources
Learn more about Pikes Peak SBDC and free consulting
Fee: $ 20.00