LEADING EDGE FOR TRANSPORTATION (9 Week Course)
Do you want to get a piece of the big transportation funding pie that is coming to Colorado? Have you been looking for a way to get your foot in the door on government contracts?
The Connect2DOT LEADING EDGE for Transportation course is a 9-week course tailored to business owners in the highway design and construction industry. The course builds on the award-winning LEADING EDGE curriculum and was customized by industry experts to help you determine the best growth strategy for your business to successfully perform on projects with CDOT and other USDOT-funded contracts.
By the end of the course, you will have an actionable business development plan in place and a solid understanding of course topics - including strategic planning, construction and managerial accounting, prime contractor marketing, estimating and bidding, and project management. You will also receive recognition by the Colorado Transportation Commission, CDOT Project Managers, and Prime Contractors!
What to Expect: This is a 100% virtual event via ZOOM
- Click here for a list of the program tracks over the 9 weeks
- Peer learning with a group of businesses in the transportation industry
- One-on-one coaching from course facilitators and consultants
- 9 weekly sessions between January and March plus a graduation celebration
- 3-hourly workshops including small group exercises, guest speakers, and breakouts
- Introduction to industry mentors and opportunities to connect with prime contractors, government agencies, and other resources
- Insight and feedback on your business development plan, financials, 3-year cash flow projection, industry market analysis, competition and marketing approach
- Free registration to workshops (excluding QuickBooks) at the Pikes Peak SBDC while enrolled, valued at over $400
Extra Assistance: Every other Tuesday evening will be Open Classroom. This is time to discuss homework, business plans, and network.
Cost: $200 deposit ($695 value!) There is a 100% reimbursement upon graduation so it could be totally FREE! To graduate, you must attend at least 7 of 9 sessions and submit a completed business plan, evaluation, and present on graduation day.
Preferred Eligibility (Others May Qualify):
- Primary line of business in highway design, construction, or other transportation-related industries
- In business 2+ years
- May have employees or may be working alone but planning to hire
- Minimum of $100,000 in annual sales
- Able to provide a balance sheet, statement of cash flow, income statement, and quarterly profit and loss statements for at least the last 2 years
- Eager to learn and committed to growing your business
- Certified DBE/ESB/MWBE/SBE companies preferred but all small businesses are eligible
Fee: $ 200.00
Full payment with registration required. 24 hr notice required for cancellations.