Government Contracting: The ABC's of Certification
This program is designed to help companies understand the different types of State, Federal and Corporate Social and Economic small business Certifications and how they are used along with the political aspects of them.
During this course we will examine:
- The fundamental differences between state, federal and corporate small business certifications.
- Certification strategies such as competitive set asides, sole source and direct award.
- Solicitations verses origination strategies utilizing certifications and which is the best for your governmental business development strategy?
- Event marketing with certifications and the strategies and the difference between procurement fairs, corporate round tables, town hall meetings and reverse trade fairs.
- How to work with Small Business Liaison Officers (SBLO) and Small Business Specialist (SBS), purchaser or buyer.
- Using Certifications Strategically to market to into other states and how to target Fortune level corporations both though subcontracting and supplier diversity.
- Other types of contracting vehicles such as GSA schedules, IDIQ's and BPAs.
Finally, attendees will learn the most important aspect of marketing to State or Federal agencies and how to avoid the certification merry go round.
Senior SBDC Consultant
Partner, Global Sales Advisors
Director, MBDA Minority Business Center
This class will be IN PERSON at the TAP Center on base
TAP Center | 7366 Mekong St, Fort Carson, CO 80913
Please note: This workshop is for all veterans including active duty, transitioning, separated, retired and spouses.
Register: Thanks to a sponsorship by Pikes Peak National Bank, this workshop is free!
NOTE: When you register for your first SBDC workshop, you will be asked to fill out our full request for assistance. Thank you in advance for your patience in completing this form. You will only have to complete the form ONCE with us and for no future workshops. The form helps us count our attendance numbers towards our federally-mandated goals and helps us continue to provide our free consulting and low-cost training.
Speaker(s): Kayla Huthoefer Nelson
Co-Sponsor(s): Pikes Peak SBDC, Tri Lakes Chamber, and Ent Credit Union
Fee: No Cost