LEADING EDGE FOR TRANSPORTATION (10 Week Course)
Do you want to get a piece of the $550 billion in transportation funding that is coming to Colorado? Have you been looking for a way to get your foot in the door on government contracts?
The Connect2DOT LEADING EDGE for Transportation course is a 10-week course tailored to business owners in the highway design and construction industry. The course builds on the award-winning LEADING EDGE curriculum and was customized by industry experts to help you determine the best growth strategy for your business to successfully perform on projects with CDOT and other USDOT-funded contracts.
By the end of the course, you will have an actionable business development plan in place and a solid understanding of course topics - including strategic planning, construction and managerial accounting, prime contractor marketing, estimating and bidding, and project management. You will also receive recognition by CDOT and Prime Contractors!
What to Expect: This is a hybrid course (classes taking place in-person with an option to join virtually)
- Click here for a list of the program tracks over the 10 weeks
- Peer learning with a group of businesses in the transportation industry
- One-on-one coaching from course facilitators and consultants
- 3-hourly workshops once per week including small group exercises, guest speakers, and breakouts
- Introduction to industry mentors and opportunities to connect with prime contractors
- Insight and feedback on your business development plan, financials, 3-year cash flow projection, industry market analysis, competition and marketing approach
- Free registration to workshops (excluding QuickBooks) at the Pikes Peak SBDC while enrolled, valued at over $400
Cost: $200 deposit ($695 value!) There is a 100% reimbursement upon graduation so it could be totally FREE! To graduate, you must attend at least 8 of 10 sessions and submit a completed business plan, evaluation, and present on graduation day.
Preferred Eligibility (Others May Qualify - Contact Connect2DOT at 720-624-6728):
- Primary line of business in highway design, construction, or other transportation-related industries
- In business 2+ years
- May have employees or may be working alone but planning to hire
- Minimum of $100,000 in annual sales
- Able to provide financial statements for the last 2 years
- Eager to learn and committed to growing your business
- Certified DBE/ESB/MWBE/SBE companies preferred but all small businesses are eligible
Fee: $ 200.00
Full payment with registration required. 24 hr notice required for cancellations.