Women Informed (WIN) Series: Alphabet Soup of Certifications- Are They A Real Opportunity For Me?
This program is designed to help companies understand the different types of State, Federal and Corporate Social and Economic small business Certifications and how they are used along with the political aspects of them.
During this course we will examine:
1. The fundamental differences between state, federal and corporate small business certifications.
2. Certification strategies such as competitive set asides, sole source and direct award.
3. Solicitations verses origination strategies utilizing certifications and which is the best for your governmental business development strategy?
4. Event marketing with certifications and the strategies and the difference between procurement fairs, corporate round tables, town hall meetings and reverse trade fairs.
5. How to work with Small Business Liaison Officers (SBLO) and Small Business Specialist (SBS), purchaser or buyer.
6. Using Certifications Strategically to market to into other states and how to target Fortune level corporations both though subcontracting and supplier diversity.
7. **Other types of contracting vehicles such as GSA schedules, IDIQ's and BPAs.
Final attendees will learn the most important aspect of marketing to State or Federal agencies and how to avoid the certification merry go round.
A light lunch will be included!
SBDC Consultant, Minority Business Office & Connect2Dot
The WIN (Women Informed) Series:
Other Pikes Peak Small Business Development Center Workshops:
Proudly Presented by Pikes Peak SBDC in Partnership with Southern CO Women's Chamber and Minority Business Office
NOTE: Pre-payment for the class is REQUIRED! (If you are unable to attend, you will not receive a refund unless you cancel 24 hours in advance. Thank you for your cooperation!) SBDC Partner discount codes do not apply to this event.
Fee: $ 10.00
Pikes Peak Hospice Foundation: 2550 Tenderfoot Hill Street, CO Springs, 80906